- 150g hazelnuts, ground
- 3 egg whites
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a handful of whole hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and gently fold into the egg whites,
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and make little heaps using a shot glass or a teaspoon, rinsed with cold water.
- Optionally place a whole nut on top of each heap.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until lightly browned (they should still be soft and gooey in the middle).
- Leave in the switched-off oven with the door open for a further 20-30 minutes.
The macaroons taste best when kept in a cookie tin for a few weeks.