Vegan Fig Tarte Tatin Prep Time: 30 Mins Cooking Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 1 Hours 0 Mins Ingredients:
- pinch of salt
- 225g flour
- 100g margarine
- 2 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 100g sugar
- 1tsp powdered vanilla, or 1 vanilla pod
- 8-10 figs
- 75g margarine
- In a large bowl mix the salt and flour.
- Gradually add the margarine in small pieces and mix well using a hand mixer (or spoon / hand).
Purple coleslaw From: Helen Prep Time: 20 Hours 0 Mins Total Time: 20 Hours 0 Mins Yields: Big bowlful to share Ingredients:
- 1/2 Red cabbage
- 2 raw beetroots
- Mayonaise of choice
- Herbs to garnish
- Grate half of the cabbage, and chop up roughly the other half.
- Grate the beetroot up.
- Mix em both together and coat with mayonaise. I am a massive vegan so made this mayonaise http://peanutbutterandvegan.com/april-all-natural-day-5/ (Clever recipe- made out of oil and water from a tin of chickpeas- honest!)
Nettle and Rocket Soup From: Axel Prep Time: 10 Mins Cooking Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins Yields: serves 3-4 as a starter Ingredients:
- 100g nettles, roughly chopped
- 100g rocket, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 750ml vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- Fry the onions, potatoes, nettles and stalky bits of the rocket in a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and vegetable stock and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
Waterland’s finest brassica shoots From: Helen (that’s why there’s no measurements- sorry but it’s how I roll) Prep Time: 3 Mins Cooking Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 13 Mins Ingredients:
- Handful of Waterland’s finest brassica shoots for each person
- Chopped onion
- Clove or two of garlic
- Rapeseed oil
- Chinese five spice
- Pinch salt or a splash of soy sauce
- Twist of black pepper
- So chop your onion and garlic and cook til soft or however you like it in a bit of oil...