Recipe Type: Condiment. Cuisine: British and Indian.
- 1kg courgettes
- 1kg green yellow and red tomatoes
- 3 onions (500g)
- 5 small apples (500g)
- 150g sugar
- 350ml white wine vinegar
- 150ml cider vinegar
- 15g fresh ginger, grated
- 2tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 2 long pepper catkins
- 4 cloves
- Chop the courgettes, onions, tomatoes and apples.
- Place in a large saucepan together with the vinegar, sugar and ginger.
- Coarsely crush the coriander seeds, mustard seeds and cloves and put them in a cotton sachet or similar.
- Add sachet to the saucepan and boil on the lowest setting for 4-5 hours, until thickened.
- Fill into sterilised jars.