big Thank You to Sophie & Julien for this recipe using our Crown Prince squash!...
Spiced pumpkin pie From: Helen Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins Ingredients:
- Sorry I dont measure anything but you are all clever and can work it out and yours will prob turn out even better than my pie! – Helen)
- Shortcrust Pastry to cover pie dish of your choice
- Pumpkin scrapings from carving, about 4 cups full
- About 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinches of mixed spice, cinnamon and allspice powder
- White and black sesame...
BeBe’s Gazpacho From: My housemate BeBe 🙂 Prep Time: 1 Hours 30 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hours 30 Mins Yields: Enough for 4 bowls Ingredients:
- 2 ridge cucumbers
- 10 or so large tomatoes
- Few cloves garlic
- Mint leaves
- Splash olive oil
- Salt n Pepper
- Using a blender makes it easy as.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven until soft and peel off the skins – normally I wouldn’t recommend to do this fussy step but its easy and makes a...
Carrot top pesto pasta with roasted carrots From: Helen- sorry I don’t measure anything Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins Yields: Enough for four peeps Ingredients:
- Big bunch of carrots with tops on
- Few handfuls pine nuts, cashews, whichever nuts ya fancy or have in the cupboard
- Olive oil
- Cooked pasta to serve
- Food processor makes this a breeze
- Top the carrots and give em a scrub.
Elderflower fritters Ingredients:
- 10 or so just picked heads of elderflower
- Tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Cup of Soymilk
- Self raising flour
- Oil for frying
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Whisk together the flaxseed/water and soymilk
- Add few tablespoons of sugar to taste
- Add in self raising flour until batter is thick like pancake batter
- Heat oil in pan ready for frying
- Holding the elderflower stalks, dip each flowerhead in batter and fry on one side until fluffy
- Dust with icing sugar and...
Superfood nettles From: Helen Prep Time: 30 Mins Cooking Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins Ingredients:
- Big carrier bag full of nettle tips
- 2 cloves garlic
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt n Pepa
- Ok so they are not strictly a crop here at CropShare but we got enough of em! Nows a grand time to pick the new growth of nettles and enjoy the superfood nutrients. They reduce quite a bit when cooked, so go get your gloves...
Bebe’s Borscht From: Helen Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Yields: Enough for five people Ingredients:
- About 8 medium sized beetroot
- Couple of potatoes
- Veggie stock
- Black pepper
- To serve: finely chopped onion, yogurt, fresh herbs such as dill, parsley.
- Chop up the beetroot and potato into small chunks and boil under tender
- Blend up with the veggie stock and dill
- Add black pepper to taste
- Serve with a blob of yogurt and fresh herbs if youve got some
Spaghetti Squash and sauce Total Time: 1 Hours 20 Mins Yields: Enough for 4 peeps Ingredients:
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 tins tomatoes, or fresh
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of chard, chopped up very fine
- Cup of sundried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped into small chunks
- Veggie stock or celery salt
- Good handful of fresh basil leaves or dried
- Sprinkling of black olives and more basil to garnish
- Quarter the Spaghetti Squash and roast the in the oven at around...
Warming squash soup Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins Ingredients:
- Veg oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 large squash (e.g. Uchiki kuri, blue or green Kuri squash, Crown Prince squash, few little Harlequin squash)
- Veg stock
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Fry onions in veg oil in a deep pot
- Chop up the squash and lob in
- Turn down pot to a simmer and pour in veg stock
- Add some paprika (smoked paprika is nice if...
Vegan Fig Tarte Tatin Prep Time: 30 Mins Cooking Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 1 Hours 0 Mins Ingredients:
- pinch of salt
- 225g flour
- 100g margarine
- 2 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 100g sugar
- 1tsp powdered vanilla, or 1 vanilla pod
- 8-10 figs
- 75g margarine
- In a large bowl mix the salt and flour.
- Gradually add the margarine in small pieces and mix well using a hand mixer (or spoon / hand).