Vegan Strawberry Flan
- 175g sugar
- 250ml soya or nut milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250g flour
- 1 packet vege-gel
- 500g strawberries
- Grease a 28 cm / 11 inch springform and preheat the oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4.
- Using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth and foamy.
- Fill into the springform and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Prepare the jelly according to packet instructions.
- Cut strawberries in half and arrange on the flan base.
- Pour jelly over the strawberries and allow to cool.