Spaghetti Squash and sauce
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 tins tomatoes, or fresh
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of chard, chopped up very fine
- Cup of sundried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped into small chunks
- Veggie stock or celery salt
- Good handful of fresh basil leaves or dried
- Sprinkling of black olives and more basil to garnish
- Quarter the Spaghetti Squash and roast the in the oven at around 180*C. It will take about 1 hour before its soft.
- Meanwhile, on the hob, gently fry the onions until soft, then add in the tinned toms, a bit of water if needed, and the sundried toms and the veggie stock powder or celery salt. Let that simmer with the lid off for now.
- When you can sink a knife easily into the spaghetti squash flesh, take out of the oven and scrape out the strands of "spaghetti" from the skins with a fork or spoon.
- Finish off the sauce by chucking in chard, garlic and basil and cook with lid on for 5 mins.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti squash strands and garnish with olives and fresh basil if you like.
- People will love it!
Spiralized courgettes yeah? Whatever mate. Spaghetti squash is the original, self spiralizing miracle vegetable! Try it out with this simple spaghetti sauce, or your own fave sauce, or go for it and chuck it in curries and allsorts.
PS This is a spag squash on the outside. Who knew such a normal looking bit o veg had such hidden talents
[caption id="attachment_5878" align="aligncenter" width="493"]