- Big carrier bag full of nettle tips
- 2 cloves garlic
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt n Pepa
- Ok so they are not strictly a crop here at CropShare but we got enough of em! Nows a grand time to pick the new growth of nettles and enjoy the superfood nutrients. They reduce quite a bit when cooked, so go get your gloves and pick a full carrier bag or more if you can of the tips- top 4 leaves or there abouts.
- Wash nettles thouroghly, you could wear clean washing up gloves to help you do this
- Fry crushed garlic in a large pan
- When garlic looks nice and is very fragrant reduce the heat to a simmer, add in the nettles and put a lid over the pot and cook until nettles cooked through
- Serve then and there- amazing earthy taste and a burst of iron for everyone! You could try nettles in a saag aloo- let us know what other recipes youve been using the almost-Spring flush of nettles in.