Spiced pumpkin pie
- Sorry I dont measure anything but you are all clever and can work it out and yours will prob turn out even better than my pie! - Helen)
- Shortcrust Pastry to cover pie dish of your choice
- Pumpkin scrapings from carving, about 4 cups full
- About 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinches of mixed spice, cinnamon and allspice powder
- White and black sesame seeds for decoration
- Carve your pumpkin and keep back the scraped out flesh!
- Line a pie tin with shortcrust pastry and prick holes in lightly with a fork. Bake for about 10 minutes as is
- Meanwhile heat up a splash of water to cover the bottom of a pan along with the pumpkin scrapings on med heat until soft
- Blend up soft pumpkin with maple syrup and spices and pour mixture into pie crust
- Bake for 10 more mins or until pastry looks done
- Decorate however you like! Spooookier the better
- Chill in refrigerator before serving
- Enjoy :-)
Happy Halloween ya pumpkins!