Halloweeny Pumpkin Soup From: Helen Holmes Notes:APOLOGIES for vagueness of measurements- this recipe is by Helen who never measures anything. You’re all clever people though so ad lib with the recipe below and I am sure you will work it out/make summat even tastier than this!...
Plum Leather Ingredients:
- 3kg plums
- 250g sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- Wash, destalk and drain the plums and place in a large saucepan, together with the other ingredients.
- Gently boil for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Puree the plums through a food mill (which catches all the stones and spices)
- Gently boil for another 30mins to 1h until it thickens slightly
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees/gas mark 1
- Pour into a shallow baking tray covered in non-stick reusable baking parchment
- Keep in the...