BeBe’s Gazpacho From: My housemate BeBe 🙂 Prep Time: 1 Hours 30 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hours 30 Mins Yields: Enough for 4 bowls Ingredients:
- 2 ridge cucumbers
- 10 or so large tomatoes
- Few cloves garlic
- Mint leaves
- Splash olive oil
- Salt n Pepper
- Using a blender makes it easy as.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven until soft and peel off the skins – normally I wouldn’t recommend to do this fussy step but its easy and makes a...
Bebe’s Borscht From: Helen Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Yields: Enough for five people Ingredients:
- About 8 medium sized beetroot
- Couple of potatoes
- Veggie stock
- Black pepper
- To serve: finely chopped onion, yogurt, fresh herbs such as dill, parsley.
- Chop up the beetroot and potato into small chunks and boil under tender
- Blend up with the veggie stock and dill
- Add black pepper to taste
- Serve with a blob of yogurt and fresh herbs if youve got some
Warming squash soup Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins Ingredients:
- Veg oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 large squash (e.g. Uchiki kuri, blue or green Kuri squash, Crown Prince squash, few little Harlequin squash)
- Veg stock
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Fry onions in veg oil in a deep pot
- Chop up the squash and lob in
- Turn down pot to a simmer and pour in veg stock
- Add some paprika (smoked paprika is nice if...
Nettle and Rocket Soup From: Axel Prep Time: 10 Mins Cooking Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins Yields: serves 3-4 as a starter Ingredients:
- 100g nettles, roughly chopped
- 100g rocket, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 750ml vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- Fry the onions, potatoes, nettles and stalky bits of the rocket in a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and vegetable stock and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
Halloweeny Pumpkin Soup From: Helen Holmes Notes:APOLOGIES for vagueness of measurements- this recipe is by Helen who never measures anything. You’re all clever people though so ad lib with the recipe below and I am sure you will work it out/make summat even tastier than this!...