Bebe’s Borscht From: Helen Prep Time: 20 Mins Cooking Time: 20 Mins Yields: Enough for five people Ingredients:
- About 8 medium sized beetroot
- Couple of potatoes
- Veggie stock
- Black pepper
- To serve: finely chopped onion, yogurt, fresh herbs such as dill, parsley.
- Chop up the beetroot and potato into small chunks and boil under tender
- Blend up with the veggie stock and dill
- Add black pepper to taste
- Serve with a blob of yogurt and fresh herbs if youve got some
Ready for launch… Come and join us on our launch night on Tues Feb 23rd 8pm Cb2 Bistro, Norfolk Street Cambridge, CB1 2LD. An opportunity for new and returning volunteers to mingle and get more info about what we are going to be up to on the farm this season, including our new grain growing and seed saving projects. Come and find out more and speak to Farmer Paul and the CropShare Crew!...
Here’s when you can join in the fun on the farm this year 2016! All farm days are Saturdays. Dates are subject to change in the case of really bad weather. To book a place on a farm day click on Sign-up sheet in the menu, or click here. 2016 Farm Dates
- 12 March
- 19 March
- 2 April
- 23 April
- 30 April
- 14 May
- 28 May
- 4 June
- 18 June
- 25 June
- 9 July
- 16 July
- 30 July
Chard Filo Layer Pie From: Helen Prep Time: 45 Mins Cooking Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 1 Hours 10 Mins Yields: One big pie Ingredients:
- Sheets filo pastry (I used bought frozen pastry sheets)
- About 3 large bags of chard (use loads it cooks down to a really small amount)
- 3 Onions
- Block of firm tofu
- Lemon juice
- Dried dill
- Sesame seeds
- Chop and fry onions in a little oil until soft, put to one side
- Chop up chard into quite small bits and steam...
29th August Farm Day Well its the last farm day of the summer, but less of that “where has summer gone” attitude and more about the veg… Massive January King cabbage mate Team leek power through the weeds Today it was high time to give the cabbages and leeks a weed. Both crops were definately still there, it’s just that the weeds were definately there as well. But not for long! We do complain about weeds on here, I...
Purple coleslaw From: Helen Prep Time: 20 Hours 0 Mins Total Time: 20 Hours 0 Mins Yields: Big bowlful to share Ingredients:
- 1/2 Red cabbage
- 2 raw beetroots
- Mayonaise of choice
- Herbs to garnish
- Grate half of the cabbage, and chop up roughly the other half.
- Grate the beetroot up.
- Mix em both together and coat with mayonaise. I am a massive vegan so made this mayonaise http://peanutbutterandvegan.com/april-all-natural-day-5/ (Clever recipe- made out of oil and water from a tin of chickpeas- honest!)
- The mayonaise...
We’re very excited about attending the CSA Network annual gathering at Canalside CSA this Saturday – why not join us? Tickets are still available – for more info and to book click the link below! Book now! Our national gathering and AGM is booked for Saturday 11 July at Canalside CSA, Leamington Spa. Tickets will be £30 for non-members and £15 for members, including a delicious lunch, stomping ceilidh in the evening and camping overnight. We will also have a variety...
Yo dude where’s my hive? We’ve been busy on the bee front at CropShare this Spring! We were happy to rehome a top bar hive and a national hive from a lovely lady called Christine. She built the top bar hive herself and it’s got a great window in one side which gives you a beautiful view of comb and busy bees, make sure you check it out next time you’re at the farm- just...
Last month CropShare volunteers Ben, Reggie and Axel attended the first FarmHack event in the Uk, at the lovely Ruskin Mill in Gloucestershire. Here’s a collection of inspiring blog posts, galleries and tweets about the weekend: Inspirational day at #farmhack On Your Farm Farm Hack on @BBCRadio4 coming soon. I need broad fork for my allotment!! pic.twitter.com/YIlUOTWY6y — Sybil Ruscoe (@SybilRuscoe) April 19, 2015 UPDATE: And here’s a link to the aforementioned programme – it even features...