Vegan Fig Tarte Tatin Prep Time: 30 Mins Cooking Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 1 Hours 0 Mins Ingredients:
- pinch of salt
- 225g flour
- 100g margarine
- 2 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 100g sugar
- 1tsp powdered vanilla, or 1 vanilla pod
- 8-10 figs
- 75g margarine
- In a large bowl mix the salt and flour.
- Gradually add the margarine in small pieces and mix well using a hand mixer (or spoon / hand).
Nettle and Rocket Soup From: Axel Prep Time: 10 Mins Cooking Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins Yields: serves 3-4 as a starter Ingredients:
- 100g nettles, roughly chopped
- 100g rocket, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 750ml vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- Fry the onions, potatoes, nettles and stalky bits of the rocket in a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and vegetable stock and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
It's quite a crucial time at the farm this time of year - lots of seedlings are desperately waiting to be planted, and those pesky weeds just keep on growing...